Saturday, January 14, 2012

Still packing but getting closer

The movers or should I say the "haul it away guys" showed up today to take away the furniture I no longer want.  It's funny with so many homeless or people really in the need of furniture, you think there would be an easy way to just call someone to come and get the items.  I actually got lucky and happened to see a Goodwill truck two days ago and asked the driver if he would stop by.  He told me to call his office but to be sure to ask for him.  Kind of strange to have had to do it that way, but he arrived and hauled it away.  Lots more snow this week but expecting to stop through the weekend.  That normally means the temperatures will be dipping into the negative teens.  Making some leeway though, and hope to be all moved out by next Friday or Saturday. 

In South Carolina, the PM called today and the framing is just about complete and the plumbing and wiring will be starting soon.  Pre-drywall meeting will be conducted by phone next Friday.  Still waiting on pictures from my realtor, who seems to be starting to slack off on me.  Once I get into the area early next month, I will be posting pictures on a daily basis. 


 
Sorry about the snow, but please haul it away!





There is another truck over there somewhere


No comments:

Post a Comment